The Indian singer-songwriter, television and actor Diljit Dosanjh was born on 6 January 1984 and works in Punjabi and Hindi movies. He has been recognised as one of the Indian prominent music performers.
Born and Family
Diljit Dosanjh was born in Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab, on January 6, 1984. Diljit Dosanjh is a member of the Sikh Jatt family.
Balbir Singh Dosanjh, his father, worked for Punjab Roadways as a bus driver, earning about Rs. 5,000 per month. Sukhwinder Kaur, his mother, is a stay-at-home mom.
Manjeet Singh is Diljit’s brother. He has a sister as well. He is married to Sandeep Kaur and together they have a son.
Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School in Ludhiana was his primary school. In the Ludhiana Public School Al Manar, he also graduated in his 10th grade.
Diljit has had a passion for music since he was a child, and he began performing in gurudwaras to satisfy his singing dreams.
|Real Name||Daljit Singh|
|Born||06 January 1984|
|Birthplace||Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|Height||5′ 9” or 175cm|
|School||Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School, Ludhiana|
|College||Al Manar Public School, Ludhiana|
|Hometown||Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Food Habit||Non – Vegetarian|
|Father Name||Balbir Singh Dosanjh|
|Mother Name||Sukhwinder Kaur|
|Siblings||Brother- Manjeet Singh
|Call Collection||Porsche Panamera, Mitsubishi Pajero, Audi Q7,
BMW 5 Series, Mercedes Benz G63
|Occupation||Singer, Lyricist, Producer|
|Year Active||2002 – Present|
|Tattoo||On his hand (Olympic Rings)|
With the album “Ishq Da Uda Ada,” Diljit made his singing debut in 2002. Then his album “Dil” was published.
In February 2011, he premiered in the movie “The Lion of Punjab.”After that, he released his album “Dil.” He made his acting debut in the film “The Lion of Punjab” in February 2011.
Despite the film’s poor box office performance, his song “Lak 28 Kudi Da,” which also featured ‘Yo Yo Honey Singh,’ was a major success.
In 2009, Diljit released his first song, “Nachdi De,” which featured Miss Pooja. Following that, he had a string of great hits including “Patiala Peg,” “Jatt Fire Karda,” “5 Taara,” “Raat Di Gedi,” and “Jind Mahi.”
With the song “Proper Patola” featuring Badshah, he made his singing debut in 2013. Later in his career, he starred in films such as “Jatt and Juliet,” “Jatt & Juliet 2,” “Punjab 1984,” “Sardaarji,” “Ambarsariya,” and “Super Singh.”
All of the movies were financially successful. Dosanjh debuted in Bollywood with the movie “Udta Punjab.” The movie was a tremendous hit, and he won his first Filmfare for it.
Diljit has also contributed his voice to several Bollywood cinema songs, including “Pee Pa Pee Pa Ho Gaya” from “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya,” “Tung Tung Baje” from “Singh is Bling,” “Ikk Kuddi” from “Udta Punjab,” and “Move Your Lakk” from “Noor.”
In 2018, he starred in the film “Soorma,” in which he portrayed the character of “Sandeep Singh,” a well-known international hockey player.
Diljit has also presented the show “Awaaz Punjab Di” on television. Coca-Cola and Flipkart are among the products he has supported. He is a humanitarian as well as an actor and singer.
On his 30th birthday, he established the “Saanjh Foundation,” which helps impoverished children and older adults.
|2000||Album||Ishq Da Uda Ada|
|2011||Punjabi Film||The Lion of Punjab|
|2017||El Sueno||Famous Studios|
|2017||Raat Di Gedi||Speed Records|
|2018||Putt Jatt Da||Speed Records|
|2018||Aar Nanak Paar Nanak||White Hill Music|
|2018||Jind Mahi ft. Banita Sandhu||Himself|
|2019||Kylie + Kareena||Famous Studios|
|2019||Nanak Aadh Jugaadh Jiyo||Rhythm Boyz|
|2019||Surma||Sony Music India|
|2020||Stranger ft. Simar Kaur||YRF|
|2020||Welcome To My Hood||Himself|
|2000||Ishq Da Uda Adaa||Finetune|
|2006||Ishq Ho Gaya||Finetune|
|2009||The Next Level||T-Series|
|2012||Back 2 Basics||Speed Records|
|2021||MoonChild Era||Famous Studios|
|2011||The Lion of Punjab||Avtar Singh|
|2011||Jihne Mera Dil Luteya||Gurnoor Singh Randhawa|
|2012||Jatt & Juliet||Fateh Singh|
|2013||Saadi Love Story||Rajveer / Billa|
|2013||Jatt & Juliet 2||Fateh Singh|
|2014||Punjab 1984||Shivjeet Singh / Shiva|
|2015||Mukhtiar Chadha||Mukthtiar Chadha|
|2016||Sardaar Ji 2||Jaggi|
|2017||Super Singh||Saajan Singh|
|2018||Sajjan Singh Rangroot||Sajjan Singh|
|2016||Udta Punjab||Sartaaj Singh|
|2017||Phillauri||Roop Lal Phillauri|
|2018||Welcome to New York||Teji|
|2019||Arjun Patiala||Arjun Patiala|
|2019||Good Newwz||Honey Batra|
|2020||Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari||Surj|
|Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Kylie Jenner|
|Food||Sarson Ka Saag Makki Ki Roti, Pinni|
|Singer||Gurdas Maan, Kuldeep Manak, Arijit Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan, Taylor Swift|
|Fashion Brand||Tom Ford|
- The album “The Next Level” won the PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Folk Pop Album in 2010.
- The song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” won the PTC Punjabi Film Award for Most Popular Song of the Year in 2010.
- For the film “Jihne Mera Dil Luteya,” he won the Punjabi International Film Academy Award for Best Actor in 2012.
- For the song “Kharku,” he won the PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Bhangra Song of the Year and Best Pop Vocalist Male in 2013.
- PTC Punjabi Film Awards for Best Actor for “Jatt & Juliet 2” in 2014.
- Song of the Year for Non-Film in 2015 for “Patiala Peg”
- The song “Veervaar” won the PTC Punjabi Film Award for Most Popular Song of the Year in 2016.
- For the film “Udta Punjab,” he won the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actor Male in 2017.
- 2018 – Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the Year’s Most Popular Personality.
- When several Punjabi women spoke out against Diljit, Jazzy B, and Yo Yo Honey Singh’s songs, which they called filthy and anti-cultural.
- Diljit Dosanjh’s home in Ludhiana was raided by an Income Tax Department team in December 2012.
- In December 2020, he had a Twitter spat with Kangana Ranaut after she mistook an elderly woman for the ‘Dadi’ (Bilkis Bano of Shaheen Bagh fame) in one of her tweets, in which she questioned her participation in the ongoing farmers’ strike against the central govt’s newly signed farmer’s bills. Later, Mahinder Kaur, a Sikh woman, was named the old woman.
- Diljit then turned to Twitter to criticise Kangana’s statements against the old woman, and the Twitter battle intensified when Kangana replied by calling Diljit a “pet” of director Karan Johar. Several artists, including Swara Bhaskar, Richa Chadda, Ammy Virk, Mika Singh, and others, afterwards criticised Kangana.
- Diljit’s movie Honsla Rakh creates an all-time record for the biggest opening day collection, with a collection of Rs 5.05 Crore, in the Punjabi Industry.
- In his spare time, Diljit enjoys dancing.
- He owns a house in Ludhiana’s Dugri Phase II.
- His first name was “Daljit,” but he changed it to “Diljit” on the advice of his record producer, Rajinder Singh.
- Dosanjh is a cheerful character with a fantastic sense of humour.
- Diljit was rumoured to have bought a Cessna 340A jet plane in 2017. The actor emphasised, however, that the plane was just requested to transport him to a location in Rajasthan for a film shoot. He stated that he did not have access to a private jet.
- Diljit is not a native English speaker and prefers to communicate in Punjabi.
- Diljit stated in an interview that he dislikes songs with harsh lyrics.
- Diljit is a huge fan of Kylie Jenner, an American reality TV star. He is frequently spotted on social media sites commenting on her posts.
- He first declined to perform in Soorma because he did not want to portray a sports character, but Sandeep Singh’s inspiring tale persuaded him to do so. Later, he learned to play hockey under Sandeep Singh’s tutelage.
- Diljit has turned down several films from his favourite directors because he was requested to appear without his trademark turban.
- Diljit regards Johnny Depp’s portrayal in “Pirates of the Caribbean” as “Captain Jack Sparrow” to be his ideal role.
Social Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Interview with his kith & Kins
- Interview link – On BollywoodCIA (2016), Beer Counsellor (2017), Red Chillies Entertainment (2016), Film Campanion (2018), Zoom (2019), Film Campanion (2021).
Here was all the information about Diljit Dosanjh that we could gather. If you want to know more about him, then go ahead and follow him on the above social platforms of Diljit Dosanjh.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about him or her.