Divyendu Sharma, better known by his stage name Divyendu, is an Indian film actor best known for his roles in the web series Mirzapur seasons 1 and 2.
He started his acting career with the movie Aaja Nachle in 2007, Since then he has acted in many films, the details of which are given below, then in 2016 he worked in a web series called Permanent Roommate.
In Nov 2018, After Mirzapur his fame increased tremendously, many memes also started appearing on his dialogues.
In 2011, Divyendu won Screen Award for Best Male Debut for outstanding performance in Pyaar Ka Punchnama.
In 2019 he won Best Actor in a short film for Fatafat.
Read on to know more about him!
Born and Family
He was born in a Hindu household on June 19, 1983, and raised in Delhi. He acquired a two-year certificate in acting from FTII, Pune, after graduating from Kirorimal College (Delhi University) with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
He struggled in school and only received 49 per cent on his X class tests. As a result, he chose Arts instead of Science, and he began to take an interest in his studies, passing the XII standard examinations with an 84 per cent grade.
During his difficult times, his older sister morally and financially aided him in pursuing his ambition of being an actor. He has a wife named Akanksha Dahiya.
In 2019, Divyendu removed his surname, citing numerology and his opinion that it is critical to eliminate caste barriers in a society like India. On the other hand, his official documents use his entire name.
|Real Name||Divyendu Sharma|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1983|
|Age (as in 20178)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College/University||Kirori Mal College, Delhi University, Delhi
FTII, Pune, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in Political Science
Diploma in Acting
|Debut||Film: Aaja Nachle (2007)|
Web Series: Permanent Roommates (2016)
|Family||Father– Not Known (Retd. Employee of Hotel Janpath)
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– 1 (Elder)
|Favourite Actors||Om Puri, Anupam Kher|
|Net Worth||2-3 Million US Dollars|
|Associated Acts||Madhuri Dixit, Irfan Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
Ali Fazal, Vikrant Massey, Pankaj Tripathi, Rasika Dugal
Shweta Tripathi Sharma, Kulbhushan Kharbanda
|Labels||Yash raj Films, Amazon Prime Videos, AltBalaji, ZEE5|
Hotstar Specials film
|Height (approx.)||5’ 7”|
|Weight (approx.)||65 kg|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
In 2007, He made his debut as a supporting actor in Madhuri Dixit‘s comeback film Aaja Nachle. in 2011, Pyar Ka Punchnama was his first Bollywood film, in which he played the role of Liquid.
For his part in the film, he received the Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Male. David Dhawan also played the poet Omi in David Dhawan‘s adaptation of Chashme Baddoor.
In 2016, he started his career in web series with Permanent Roommates.
In 2018, he limelight with a web series named Mirzapur.
People loved this web series so much that many world records of the web series were broken, people started getting to know Divyendu Sharma by the name of Munna Tripathi, memes started appearing on Divyendu dialogues too.
So far he has done a lot of movies and web series which are recorded in the tables below.
|2007||Aaja Nachle||MLA’s son|
|2011||Pyaar Ka Punchnama||Nishant “Liquid” Agarwal|
|2013||Chashme Baddoor||Omkar “Omi” Sharma|
|2014||Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami||Subhash Joshi|
|2015||Dilliwali Zaalim Girlfriend||Dhruv|
|2017||Toilet: Ek Prem Katha||Narayan “Naru ” Sharma|
|2016 The End||Sunny|
|2018||Batti Gul Meter Chalu||Sundar Mohan Tripathi|
|2019||Badnaam Gali||Randeep Singh Sodhi|
|Brahmastra||Kartikeya (Poulomi’s husband)|
|2016||Permanent Roommates||Cameo||Season 2 Episode 4|
|2018||Mirzapur||Phoolchand “Munna” Tripathi||Streaming on Amazon Prime Video|
|2019||Fatafat||Short Film on ZEE5|
|2020||Bicchoo Ka Khel||Akhil Shrivastav||Streaming now on AltBalaji and ZEE5|
- He is an Animal Lover.
- He is a gym and yoga lover.
- In 2019 he won Best Actor in a short film for Fatafat.
- In 2011, Divyendu won Screen Award for Best Male Debut for outstanding performance in Pyaar Ka Punchnama.
- He struggled in school and only received 49 per cent on his X class tests. As a result, he chose Arts instead of Science, and he began to take an interest in his studies, passing the XII standard examinations with an 84 per cent grade.
- He was born in Delhi, India, on June 19, 1983.
- He earned a two-year certificate in acting from FTII, Pune, after graduating from Kirorimal College (Delhi University) with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
- During his difficult times, his older sister morally and financially supported him in pursuing his ambition of being an actress.
- He is most recognised for his debut role in ‘Pyar Ka Punchnama‘ as ‘Liquid.’
- His first appearance in front of the camera was for the Virgin Mobile Ad series, in which he was disguised as a Sikh. Those advertisements, however, were prohibited.
- Divyendu Sharma played Munna Bhaiya (Kaleen’ Son) in the Mirzapur Web Series.
Social Media Contacts
- Social Media
- Interview with his kith & Kins
- 4 Dec 2018, The Complete Interview with Team Mirzapur by RJ Harshit on Redio City India
- Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal & Divyendu Sharma OPEN UP about their INTRIGUING characters in MIRZAPUR (2018) on bollywoodhungama.com
- Story Behind Mirzapur | Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal, Divyendu Sharma, Shweta Tripathi (2018) on viralbollywood
- Sunday Brunch With Munna Bhaiya aka Divyenndu X Kamiya Jani (Dec 2020) on Curly Tales
- The Bombay Journey ft. Divyenndu – EP26 (Jan 2021) on Mashable India
- 2021, EVERY FLATMATE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS on Tanmay Bhatt
Here was all the information about Divyendu Sharma that we could gather. If you want to know more about him, then go ahead and follow him on the above social platforms of Divyendu Sharma.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about him or her.