Gippy Grewal is a Punjabi musician, actor, filmmaker, and producer who works in the Punjabi film and music industries. He was born on January 2, 1983, in the city of Ludhiana, Punjab, India. If you want to know more about his personal life then read on!
Born and Family
Gippy Grewal was born in Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab on January 2, 1983 (age 37 as of 2020). Capricorn is his astrological sign.
He attended Nankana Sahib Public School in Ludhiana before enrolling at the North India Institute of Hotel Management in Panchkula to complete a degree in Hotel Management.
Gippy has had a strong passion for music since he was a youngster. During his school days, he frequently competed in singing and bhangra events.
Gippy went to Delhi after finishing his Hotel Management degree and working at a hotel. He published his debut album while working there, but it did not do well with the public. Gippy Grewal is from a Sikh family.
|Real Name||Rupinder Singh Grewal|
|Born||02 January 1983|
|Birthplace||Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Height||5′ 10” or 180cm|
|School||Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai|
|College||North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula, Haryana|
|Father Name||(Late) Santokh Singh|
|Mother Name||Kulwant Kaur|
|Siblings||Sippy Grewal (Brother)|
|Children||3 Sons (Ekomkar Grewal, Gurfateh Grewal (Shinda),
and Gurbaaz Grewal)
|Occupation||Singer, Actor, Producer, Director|
|Year Active||2004 – Present|
Gippy Grewal is a movie director, actor, musician, cinematographer, and songwriter in the Punjabi as well as Bollywood movie industry. in 2004, His track, Phulkari, has set numerous milestones in the Punjabi music industry.
In 2010, he screen debut in the movie Mel Karade Rabba. In 2011, he received the ‘PTC Best Actor Award’ for his outstanding performance in Jihne Mera Dil Luteya.
In 2016, he came to lock Kaptaan after his movie Farrar. Chakkh Lai, from Aman Hayer’s album, was his debut single. His 2012 hit song “Angreji Beat” was heavily used in the Bollywood flick Cocktail.
In 2014, he played at the Sandwell Mela as well as in Birmingham. As a fan of the 2010 Punjabi movie Mel Colored Ruba, he made his cinematic debut. When it premiered, he played a major role in Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, which went on to be the highest-grossing Punjabi film.
Mirza–The Untold Story, his film, had the best official opening for a Punjabi film in April 2012. His film Carrie on Jutta was released in July 2012, and it was the second-biggest opening picture in Pollywood as well as a gross earner.
His film Singh vs Kaur was premiered in 2013, following the release of previous films such as Lucky Di Unlucky Story, Bhaji in Problem, and Best of Luck. He was cast in the drama and action flick Jatt James Bond thriller in 2014.
His second film, Double Di Trouble, was released in 2014. He dubbed his voice in a Punjabi version of a good day for Die Hard, the first Hollywood picture dubbed in Punjab. He made his Bollywood debut in 2015 with the comedy-drama flick Dharam Sankat Mein.
Later, in Bollywood, he made his full debut in the romantic comedy film Second Hand Husband. Gippy Grewal’s most recent Hindi film, Lucknow Central, was released in September 2017 alongside Farhan Akhtar.
Songs in Bollywood
|2015||Tu Takke & Do You Know Baby||Dharam Sankat Mein|
|2015||Bad Baby & Mithi Meri Jaan & Second Hand Husband||Second Hand Husband|
|2015||Dharam Sankat Mein||Manjeet Manchala|
|2015||Second Hand Husband||Rajbir Singh Grewal|
|2017||Lucknow Central||Parminder Singh Gill|
|2010||Mel Karade Rabba||Nihal Dhasah|
|2011||Jihne Mera Dil Luteya||Yuvraaj Singh Randhawa|
|2012||Mirza: The Untold Story||Mirza|
|2012||Carry On Jatta||Jass Dhillon|
|2013||Singh vs Kaur||Nihal Singh|
|2013||Lucky Di Unlucky Story||Lucky|
|2013||Best of Luck||Kullu|
|2013||Bhaji in Problem||Jeeta|
|2014||Jatt James Bond||Shinda|
|2014||Double Di Trouble||Fateh/Ekam (Double Role)|
|2015||Faraar||Shinda/Ekam (Double Role)|
|2016||Kaptaan||Advocate Kaptaan Singh|
|2018||Subedar Joginder Singh||Joginder Singh|
|2018||Carry on Jatta 2||Jass|
|2018||Mar Gaye Oye Loko||Tittu|
|2019||Manje Bistre 2||Sukhi|
|2019||Chandigarh Amritsar Chandigarh||Rajveer|
|2020||Ik Sandhu Hunda Si||Sandhu|
|2021||Paani Ch Madhaani||Gullie|
|2020||Where Baby Where||Humble Music|
|2020||Nach Nach||Humble Music|
|2020||Miss You||Humble Music|
|2020||Vigad Gaya||Humble Music|
|2020||Me & U||T-Series|
|Actor||Akshay Kumar, Aamir Khan|
|Male Singer||Gurdas Mann, Kuldeep Manak|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Music, Swimming|
A stakeholder of the firm filed a lawsuit in 2014 against the Live India Trading Company (a chit fund corporation) and it’s brand ambassador Gippy Grewal for defrauding him of 5 lakh.
Grewal sparked outrage in 2015 for impersonating a militant and conveying a message about the collapse of India’s judicial system.
R Nait is a Punjabi singer, said Gippy Grewal fraudulently bound him to his company Humble Music, adding that he had to sell 3 acres of his land to cancel the contract.
- Gippy was born in Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, to a middle-class family.
- Gippy is a natural born vocalist, not a professionally taught one.
- Before becoming a professional singer, he worked at a hotel in Delhi.
- In 2020, Gippy went to Pakistan to see the old home in village Chak 47 Mansoora, Pakistan.
- Arjun Rampal, he claims, is the most irritating star with no acting experience.
- Gippy was afraid of water, yet he learned to swim to conquer his fear.
- His aspiration is to play Rahul Mehra, the role portrayed by Shahrukh Khan in Darr (1993).
- He founded “My Dream Academy” to provide a forum for Punjabi youngsters to improve their acting talents, as he believed the government had failed to do so.
- He is one of the few actors who has been given the opportunity to represent Punjab in Bollywood.
Social Media Platforms
- Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube Interviews.
- Interviews his kith and kins.
- Interview on The Lallantop – link
- Interview on Lashkara Tv – Link
- Interview on Red FM Canada – Link
- Interview on Bollywood Tadka Punjabi – Link
- Interview on Prime Asia Tv Canada – Link
- Interview on Balle Balle Tv – Link
- Interview On Pitaara Tv – Link
- Interview on PTC Punjabi – Link
- Interview on 9X Tashan – Link
- Interview on Daah Films – Link
- Interview on ND Tv India – Link
- Interview on Brit Asia Tv – Link
- Interview on ABP Sanjha – Link
- Interview on Jagbani (7 Year Ago) – Link
- Interview on Mirchi Punjabi – Link
- Interview on ETC Punjabi (9 Year Ago) – Link
- Interview on RC Media Uk – Link
- Interview on Rj Jassi – Link
- Interview on Savera Star Talks – Link
- Interview on Hindustan Times – Link
- Interview on Gabruu – Link
- Interview on Desi Channel – Link
- Interview on Punjabi Lehar (a Pakistani Channel) – Link
- Interview on Punjaab2000 – Link
Here was all the information about Gippy Grewal that we could gather. If you want to know more about him, then go ahead and follow him on the above social platforms of Gippy Grewal.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about him or her.