Jatinder Pannu is a senior Punjabi journalist from Punjab, India. He will be above 50 years of doing journalism. He worked as the Chief Editor of Nawan Jawana, a famous Punjabi newspaper, Jalandhar. Now he is the main host of prime Asia tv.
Prime Focus and Prime Discsiosion with Jatinder Pannu are hosting by Jatinder Pannu on Prime Asia Tv. People have liked a lot of his fearless nature and the way of proper investigation of news. Pannu gives the true news, he never changed his statement by under any pressure. Maybe that’s why people from Punjab and abroad love him so much.
Born & Village
Jatinder Singh Pannu was born on 19 Oct 1954 in Sakhira, in Tarn Taran Tehsil, Amritsar, Punjab. He is 66 years old in 2020. He left his village at the age of 11 years.
His father was a farmer and he belonged to the middle-class family. But whatever he is today is due to his hard work and hardly any educated person does not know Jatinder Pannu. Now, his family settled in Canada.
Manohar Lal and Har Nirayin were his teachers in public school.
Jatinder Singh Pannu started his career as a Granthi( preacher ) in a gurdwara and was a practising sikh. Later on, he came under the influence of communism. He cut his hair and dropped Singh from his name. Here he worked as a party worker.
During militancy, he came in contact with KPS Gill who got him a job as a helper with the Editor-in-chief, Jagjit Singh Anand of Nawan Zamana. Here he learned his so-called journalism.
Jatinder Pannu said in an interview that he had no intention of becoming a journalist. He states that the conditions made him a journalist. His pen was highly praised, Nawan Jawana gave him work, taught journalism.
In 2017, he became the main host of prime Asia tv, Prime Focus and Prime Discsiosion with Jatinder Pannu are hosting by Jatinder Pannu on Prime Asia Tv, which is why prime Asia tv is today on the heels of success.
Interesting Facts About Jatinder Pannu
- He has achieved Patarka Awards.
- Jatinder Pannu would be awarded Harbhajan Halwarvi Award on February 17, 2019.
- He would like to read the Dictionary, Mostly he read at night time. Also, he read Heer-Ranjha, which is written by Damodar, Waris-Shah.
- He has written many books, Punjabi Bolli De Visre Sabad, his favourite book.
- He follows Ravish Kumar. In an interview, it was confirmed that Pannu listens to Ravish Kumar.
- He loves nature. He says that human has done very wrong to nature.
- Jatinder Pannu has deep knowledge about Politics. His memory is very sharp, he is never forgot anything.
- He has a very wide audience in Punjab as well as Canada, Australia, etc.
- He also did agriculture for a year.
- Political leader Sukhpal Khehra also his good friend.
- He also was a member of Communist Party Of India.
- In 1998 Jatinder Pannu filed a petition to stop People’s commission headed by Justice S. Kuldip Singh from investigating police officers involved in fake encounters.
When Pannu made a statement about the Kanwar Pal Singh Gil (KPS Gill) that he did not fake encounters and KPS Gill was not responsible for the death of Jaswant Singh Khalra, Then Amarjit Singh Khalra said that, “Pannu is a communist and that he is infiltrating the Sikh community”.
He also said that he was the enemy of the Sikh community.
Jatinder Pannu’s Books
- Sikh Dharam De Samajik Sarokar
- Punjabi Bolli De Visre Sabad
Youtube Channel – Prime Asia Tv
Founder – Aman Khatkar
Source: Interviews, social media, and newspapers.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about his life. I strive for accuracy and fairness. If You see something which doesn’t look right, contact us. Thank you for visiting my website. God Bless You & Your Family!!!