Kapil Sharma is a stand-up comedian, actor, anchor, singer, and film and television producer. His comedy series The Kapil Sharma Show, Comedy Nights with Kapil, and Comedy Circus have made him a big star.
In 2016, Forbes India ranked him 11th on its Celebrity 100 list.
Born and Family
He was born on April 2, 1981, in Amritsar, Punjab, India, to a Punjabi Brahmin family. ‘Kappu,’ as his friends nicknamed him. He aspired to be a vocalist since he was a youngster but subsequently decided to become a comedian.
He is a multi-talented personality who excels in singing, acting, and humour. He had a hard time financially supporting his family throughout his life.
He used to work at a PCO while he was in tenth grade. He also spent a few months working at a fabric factory. Following that, he began acting in theatre and also performed in a few minor shows.
Later, he began appearing on comedy shows and became a great hit. He is very attached to his family, and he constantly credits his success to his mother.
When he won the comedic reality program ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge,’ he got Rs 10 lakh in prize money, which he used to pay for his sister’s wedding.
Kapil has been an outspoken supporter of the adoption of homeless animals such as cats and dogs. He has also advocated for the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’, which aims to keep India clean.
His late father, Jeetendra Kumar Punj, was a Punjab Police head constable, and his mother, Janak Rani, was a housewife. In 2004, his father died of cancer at AIIMS Delhi. Kapil is a dedicated Hindu.
Ashok Kumar Sharma is his brother, while Pooja Sharma is his sister. Ginni Chatrath, an artist, and the couple got engaged in 2013. They initially met on the set of a comedic tv show called “Hans Baliye.”
On December 12, 2018, Kapil Sharma married Ginni Chatrath in Jalandhar, Punjab. They have two children: a baby girl born in December 2019 and a boy born on February 1, 2021.
|Birth Name||Kapil Sharma|
|Nick Name||Tony, Kappu|
|Famous For||Comedian, Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Date of Birth||2 April 1981|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar|
|College||Hindu College, Amritsar
Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Home Town||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Wife Name||Ginni Chatrath (Comedia, Entrepreneur)|
|Children||Son: Kapil Sharma and his wife, Ginni Chatrath, we’re blessed with a baby boy on 1st February 2021.
Daughter: Anayra Sharma
|Girlfriend/ Affair||Not Known|
|Father||Jeetendra Kumar Punj (worked as head constable in Punjab police)|
|Siblings||Brother – Ashok Kumar Sharma|
|Net Worth||$10 million (2021)|
|Cars||Range Rover Evoque|
|Profession||Comedian, Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Contact No.||089282 82560|
|Skin Complexion||Fair Brown|
|Food||Rajma-Chawal, Aloo Parathas|
|Musician||Gurdas Mann, Sardool Sikandar|
|Restaurant||Chak89 in London|
He attended Shri Ram Ashram Senior Secondary School in Amritsar, Punjab, and graduated from Hindu College in Amritsar with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
He used to compete in singing, dance, and theatre competitions when he was in college. At the time, he was the recipient of a number of prizes. He appeared in the Punjabi comedy reality show ‘Hasde Hasande Ravo,’ which was broadcast on MH One in 2006.
Following that, he appeared in ‘The Great Punjabi Comedy Show,’ another Punjabi comedy show. He won the third season of the Hindi comedy reality show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ in 2007.
He also appeared in ‘Ustaadon Ka Ustaad’ (2009), Hans Baliye (2009), Comedy Circus (2010-2013), and Star Ya Rockstar, among others (2011). He presented the comic TV program Chhote Miyan in 2008.
In 2013, he co-hosted Season 6 of the dancing reality program ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ alongside TV anchor Manish Paul. In 2010, he made his Bollywood debut as Thakur’s son in the film “Bhavnao Ko Samjho.”
He won six consecutive seasons of Comedy Circus, including ‘Comedy Circus Ke SuperStars’ (2010), ‘Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo’ (2010), ‘Jubilee Comedy Circus’ (2010-2011), and ‘Comedy Circus Ke Taansen’ (2011), ‘Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur’ (2011), and ‘Kahani Comedy Circus Ki’ (2011). (2011-2012).
Later, he established ‘K9 Productions,’ his own production business. In 2013, he launched his own comedy program, ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil,’ which aired on Colors TV under his production business.
It went on to become India’s highest-rated produced television program. The show was successful for three years. However, it was cancelled in 2016 owing to disputes with Colors TV.
In 2015, he hosted the 60th Filmfare Awards, the Star Guild Awards, the 22nd Star Screen Awards, the 61st Filmfare Awards, and the 62nd Filmfare Awards. In 2016, he presented the 61st Filmfare Awards, and in 2017, he hosted the 62nd Filmfare Awards.
He portrayed the lead role of ‘Shivkumar Ramkrishan Punj’ in the Bollywood film ‘Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon.’ Despite a legal warning from the court because of the film’s resemblance to a Kannada film, Nimbehuli, the film was released (2014).
The critical response to the film was overwhelmingly favourable. In 2016, he began presenting another comedy program, ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ which aired on Sony Entertainment Television; however, the show was cancelled in August 2017 owing to his health concerns.
In 2014, he appeared as a guest on Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 8, The Anupam Kher Show in 2014, Farah Ki Daawat in 2015, Aap Ki Adalat in 2015. In 2015, he participated in Dance India Dance, Indian Idol Junior, The Voice, Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi, Koffee with Karan Season 5 in 2017, and Bigg Boss Season 11 in 2017.
In 2017, he appeared as a guest on He produced and performed in the Bollywood film ‘Firangi’ 2017, however it was a box office flop. In 2018, he relaunched his comedy program “Family Time with Kapil Sharma,” which he co-hosted with actress Neha Pendse.
- He was paid a staggering Rs 1.25 crore in 2014 for presenting the Celebrity Cricket League Season 4 extra innings. He was scheduled to co-host the extra innings with Mandira Bedi, but he backed out at the last minute since he didn’t have his own vanity vehicle.
- He reportedly behaved badly with his female co-stars Deepali Sayyad, Tanishaa Mukerji, and Monali Thakur during the International Marathi Film Festival Awards in 2015. He rejected the accusation at the time but subsequently tweeted, “I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I’ve been hurt, but I am alive.” I am human, and I am far from perfect, but I am grateful (sic).”
- Priyanka Chopra, a renowned Indian actress, reportedly kept him waiting for over three hours at a Bollywood award ceremony. She still claimed she wasn’t ready when she arrived. “Ladies logon ka yehi issue hai, madam abhi tak tayaar nahin hain,” Kapil remarked after throwing his headphones on the floor.
- The Maharashtra State Commission for Women filed a complaint against him after he made a joke about a pregnant woman having a baby while driving on a pothole-filled road. The joke was too much for the women campaigners, who thought it was rude and disrespectful.
- After two and a half years of Comedy Nights with Kapil, Colors TV fired him in 2016, saying that he had requested several raises in compensation and had even broken some contract conditions by presenting the show on competitor networks.
- In 2016, several Amritsar nurses and nursing students filed a police complaint against Kapil Sharma for The Kapil Sharma Show, saying that the show had objectified nurses and nursing students. “This is disrespectful; no nurse behaves like this in real life,” one nursing student remarked. We are members of a prestigious profession.”
- “I am paying 15 crores income tax from the previous five years and yet have to pay five lacs bribe to BMC office for creating my office, Narendra Modi,” Kapil tweeted on September 9, 2016. “Yeh hain aapke achhe din? @narendramodi,” he added. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s (BMC) vigilance officer, Manohar Pawar, then added, “We want Mr Sharma to give the identity of the office so that BMC may take stern action.” “Kapilbhai, please submit every detail,” Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis urged. The perpetrator will not be spared.”
- During a flight in 2017, a drunken Kapil Sharma assaulted stand-up comic Chandan Prabhakar. When Sunil Grover attempted to resolve the conflict among them, Kapil verbally and physically assaulted Sunil.
- In 2018, he filed a case against Vicky Lalvani, Neeti, and Preeti Simoes of Spotboye for defaming his reputation. Vicky Lalvani, on the other hand, released an audio cassette clip of Kapil insulting Vicky.
- The Best Comedian Award is given by the Indian Television Academy (2012, 2013)
- For the Best Entertainer of the Year, CNN-IBN named Indian of the Year (2013)
- The Star Guild Award for Best Comedy Show is given by the Star Guild (2014)
- Kapil is left-handed.
- Gurpreet Ghuggi is the guru he looks up to.
- He used to actively participate in theatrical performances to earn money while completing his degree from Apeejay College of Fine Arts in Jalandhar. He received a scholarship and a national prize for directing numerous plays. His supporters refer to him as the “Comedy King.” He was first eliminated in the Great Indian Laughter Challenge Season 3 audition round, but he was subsequently invited back and won the competition. Kapil has featured on the covers of a number of famous magazines, including GR8! and others.
- The Delhi Election Commission picked him as the brand ambassador for the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
- Singing, listening to music, travelling, and other activities are among his interests.
- He enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages.
- He is an animal lover to the heart.
Social Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Interview with his kith & Kins
- I have seen many of his shows and I have got a lot of information from them which is written in my article-The Kapil Sharma
- Interview link – Ajj Tak (2015), India Tv (2015), Bollywoodbackstage (2017), New18debateandinterview (2018), Zoom (2020), Voot (Sep 2021).
Here was all the information about Kapil Sharma that we could gather. If you want to know more about him, then go ahead and follow him on the above social platforms of Kapil Sharma.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about him or her.