In India, Yo-Yo Honey Singh is a well-known song composer, pop singer, and actor. He was born into a Punjabi Sikh household and raised there.
Honey was born in Punjab and moved to Delhi with his family later. He finished his education in Delhi and then went overseas to pursue his education.
Born and Family
Honey Singh was born in Hoshiyarpur, Punjab, India, on March 15, 1983. He was given the name ‘Hirdesh Singh’ at birth, but he rose to fame as ‘Yo Yo Honey Singh.’ Sardaar Sarabjit Singh is his self-employed father’s name.
His Brother name is Harsimran Singh and His Sister name is Sneha Singh. Honey Singh is an Indian national who practises Sikhism. He is also a Jatt by caste.
He was born in Punjab, but his family subsequently relocated to Delhi. Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Shalini Talwar is Honey Singh’s wife. Their love storey is fascinating since they had been dating since they were in high school. Honey Singh also maintained successful long-distance relationships while studying overseas.
Honey Singh married lover Shalini Talwar on January 23, 2011, after covertly courting her since school days. Honey and Shalini married in front of the sacred Guru Granth Sahib, following traditional Sikh ceremonies and Pheras.
He never talked about his personal life until the reality programme ‘Raw Star.’ The pair appear to be extremely happy together and live in Delhi, India, with their family.
|Real Name||Hirdesh Singh|
|Born||15 March 1983|
|Birthplace||Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India|
|Height||5′ 8” or 172cm|
|School||Guru Nanak Public School, Punjabi Bagh|
|College||School of Trinity, London|
|Qualification||Studied music at the Trinity School in London|
|Father Name||Sardaar Sarabjit Singh|
|Mother Name||Bhupinder Kaur|
|Siblings||Sneha Singh (Sister)|
|Spouse||Shalini Talwar Singh|
|Occupation||Singer, Rapper, Actor, Music composer|
|Year Active||2005 – Present|
|Male Singer||2 Pac, Eminem|
|Destination||Dubai, Los Angeles|
He began as a session and recording performer before transitioning to bhangra and hip hop music production. Honey Singh went to Delhi after studying music at the Trinity School in the United Kingdom.
In May 2011, the song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” by Singh and Diljit Dosanjh topped the BBC Asian Download Charts. Singh’s songs such as “Brown Rang” and “High Heels,” which he collaborated on with Jaz Dhami, topped the ranking of popular videos in 2012.
On November 11, 2011, the Punjabi album “International Villager” was published, and the song “Gabru,” starring vocalist J-Star, topped the Asian music charts.
He was given the highest price ever for a Bollywood song in 2012, 7.0 million rupees (70 lakh) for a song in the films Cocktail and Mastan.
In 2012, Singh made his acting debut in the Punjabi film “Mirza – The Untold Story,” in which he played Deesha, a crazed thug.
Singh dropped out of the music business in 2014 to deal with bipolar disorder for a few years before returning in 2016. He is currently one of the highest-paid musicians in India’s music business.
|2012||Mirza – The Untold Story||Deesha|
|2013||Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22||Rolly|
|2014||The Xpose||Kenny Damania|
|2016||Zorawar||Agent Zorawar Singh|
|2015||One Bottle Down||T-Series|
|2018||Makhna ft. Neha Kakkar, Singhsta, Allistair||T-Series|
|2019||Gur Nalo Ishq Mitha||T-Series|
|2019||Peeyu Datt Ke||T-Series|
|2020||Billo Tu Agg ft. Singhsta||T-Series|
|2020||First Kiss ft. Ipsitaa||T-Series|
|2020||Jingle Bell ft. Hommie Dilliwala||Himself|
- After a month of the Delhi Gang Rape Case, a FIR was filed against Yo Yo Honey Singh in 2012. The FIR was filed because parts of his song’s lyrics referred to violence against women and rape in a favourable light.
- The release of Akshay Kumar’s film Boss in 2013 was marred by controversy owing to Honey’s song “Party All Night.” The film’s producers were forced to file a plea in the Delhi High Court, alleging that certain obscene phrases in the song had been muffled.
- He was rumoured to be in treatment in Chandigarh for drug addiction.
- Yo Yo Honey Singh was accused of domestic violence and infidelity by his wife Shalini Singh on August 4, 2021. At Delhi’s Tis Hazari Court, she submitted a 120-page petition detailing all of her claims against him. She said how the singer’s attitude toward his wife shifted after the couple went on their honeymoon to Mauritius in 2011. Honey Singh was also accused of not allowing Shalini to attend him on his tours and of having regular casual intercourse with various women, according to the petition.
- Singing, travelling, and working out at the gym are three of his favourite hobbies.
- Yo Yo has a fitness-obsessed personality and works out on a daily basis.
- People admire his distinct clothing, hair, and chain styles. He wears various outfits and styles in each music album.
- He frequently arranges music events both in India and overseas. Due to his fame, his concerts were often packed with his admirers.
- He received the best actor award in school for his portrayal of Amitabh Bachchan from the film “Khuda Gawah.”
- Zee cine awards and giving me Best International artist of 2013.
- His song “Makhna” was a commercial success for him. Within a few hours after its publication, it had surpassed 20 million views. He sang alongside co-singers such as Neha Kakkar and PittBull for the songs. Furthermore, the song became one of the year’s most popular Indian music videos.
Social Media Platforms
|Yo! Yo! Honey Singh||https://www.facebook.com/YOYOhoneysingh|
|Youtube||Yo-Yo Honey Singh||https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KonH1j8WMhc5cT6Bp7NtA|
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.
- Interviews with his kith & Kin.
- Youtube Interviews link – Zee News, Aaj Tak, B4U Entertainment, PTC Punjabi, & Bolly2gossips.
Here was all the information about Yo-Yo Honey Singh that we could gather. If you want to know more about him, then go ahead and follow him on the above social platforms of Yo-Yo Honey Singh.
I hope you would like this information, suggest a name in the comment box on which you want another biography. I will provide 100% of the information about him or her.